Chole Island, Ruaha, Selous and Serengeti, Tanzania and Masai Mara, Kenya
I have just returned from a wonderful month on safari in East Africa. The wonders of Africa never cease to amaze. We were treated to some extremely special experiences; incredible wilderness, superb game and spectacular cultural interchange. I trust the photos below give some inkling into what transpired.
My safari was split into two trips; the first a family safari taking in both Kenya and Tanzania, and the second an odyssey, with some fantastic clients, through the best Tanzania offers. Some of the highlights included:
- Horse-riding at Ol Donyo Wuas (Chyulu Hills) under the magnificent backdrop of Kilimanjaro
- Witnessing a cheetah kill in the Masai Mara
- Searching for whalesharks and sailing dhows on Chole Island
- Visiting the coastal village of Matapwili; the reality of life in a rural Tanzanian setting
- An “up close and personal” experience with elephants in both the Serengeti and Ruaha
- Visiting an authentic Maasai village on the periphery of the Serengeti
- A last day leopard in the Selous.
Most importantly though, my personal highlight was spending time with wonderful people; family, clients and the fantastic people of East Africa. I truly feel blessed for the privilege of doing what I do. For those of you that have been to Africa, you know what I mean. For those that haven’t, what wonders await!
If you wish to learn more of my trip, please do not hesitate to contact me.